19 March 2018

Venezia to Roma Travels

We left Venezia late and ended up on the last train to Roma.  This time taking a water taxi to get to the Venezia train station.  As I struggled to get my bag up and down the stairs of one of the bridges an Italian gentleman took the handle to help me and breezed it up and over and down without skipping a step. Quite impressive.  Grazie!

That train was delayed an hour while we sat on it.  That was okay by me because I finished reading The Martian and Mark Watley's adventures.  That book only took me three days to read during this trip.  Scott would laugh when I told him I needed to check on Mark Watley during our train trip or right before bed.

With the train delay we got in to Roma Termini after midnight and too late to catch the fast train to the airport. We ran around awhile trying to find out where the night bus was but one bus driver told us it would be better to take a taxi.  More expensive but more reliable.  We ended up at the hotel near the airport (another Mercure) and in bed by 2 AM after repacking for the States.  Our shuttle to the airport was scheduled to pick us up at 7 AM so were up by 6 AMish to get breakfast, check out and get ready for the day.

Here is a view from our hotel balcony...
 A view from the balcony into our room...
 Photos of our room

 Waiting for boarding at the Roma FCO Airport...

No comments: